Driving Interoperability & Open Standards
As a Founding member of the Alliance for IP Media Solutions (AIMS), SAM is committed to a seamless move towards IP, supporting broader industry adoption, and integrating open standards to aid interoperability. Working with SAM will ensure customers feel secure towards an IP-based future.
SAM’s IP Routing System
The SAM IP Routing System offers the most complete, flexible and cost effective IP routing solution on the market today. SAM’s pragmatic approach has resulted in a topology equally suited to pure IP or hybrid IP/SDI systems.
Over five years of design and development work has resulted in a cutting edge solution that:
- Is fully scalable from small to enterprise networks
- Adheres to open IP transport standards as targeted by the AIMS alliance
- Retains existing SDI type operational interfaces and workflows
- Is truly agnostic with respect to COTS IP switches and media formats
- Incorporates non-proprietary and proprietary video signal compression systems including VC-2 HQ (SMPTE 2042) and Tico (intoPix) respectively
- Integrates with all SAM and third party edge devices
- Offers multiple data rate interfaces, 10Gb/s, 25Gb/s and 40Gb/s
- Offers SMPTE 2022-7 redundancy switching on any stream type
Whether it’s SD, HD, 4K UHD, or a mix of media types, SAM’s IP Routing System works with any multicast stream format compliant with SMPTE 2022-6 & 7, TR-03 and TR-04 whilst additionally including prepared support for the planned SMPTE 2110 standard. Furthermore, the system is able to operate seamlessly when utilizing any of these different stream ‘packetizing’ formats on the same network system. SAM’s IP Routing System ensures that broadcasters undergoing the transition to IP can future-proof any investment thereby maximizing their ROI.
How to find out more:
SAM’s IP portfolio is on show at our global headquarters in Newbury, in the UK. You can book a demo below: