The Solution: SAM’s Media Assurance Technology
Why Choose SAM?
- We offer a unique solution that’s unmatched in the industry
- It saves customers cost in staff travel, accommodation, network bandwidths and system complexities
- Our Media Assurance Technology combines several SAM products for maximum effi ciency
- Increases the quality of output (puts all video and audio tracks fully in sync)
- Fully scalable to cope with the burgeoning sports market
In the past few years, live broadcasting — specifically live sports — has fostered the growth of remote broadcasting. Though applications vary, remote broadcasting essentially relies on the use of IP connectivity to reduce production costs in a variety of ways. This includes not having to send staff on location, potentially a huge saving.
When it comes to major international sporting events such as the Olympics or international soccer championships,
media companies buy the rights to air these events in real time (or close to it.) Viewership is of course comprised of fans around the world that speak different languages, which presents a challenge for rights holders to ensure a consistent quality of experience. Often, they have to send staff to these events to commentate in a nation's specifi c language, which is expensive and time consuming; there’s usually a need for additional equipment and telecoms/IP trucks. Plus, translating broadcasts into different languages can sometimes delay the production process.